Green [Salad] Living
What’s the quickest way to a delicious, nutritious salad? Start with pristine greens, add lots of color, a serving of lean protein, and maybe a dash of something unexpected. Top with the right dressing and you get an irresistible meal that will nourish you from head to toe.
We offer some healthy and convenient additions like cooked beets from our produce section, or grilled chicken from the deli. There are endless ways to build the salad that’s right for you.
Pistachio-Crusted Goat Cheese Salad
Just the right proportions of cheese and nuts keep calories in check.
Choose your preferred amounts of the following ingredients:
- Mixed baby greens
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Pistachios, chopped
- MontChevré organic goat cheese, rolled into small balls and coated with the chopped pistachios
- Honey pesto vinaigrette (see recipe)
Honey Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup aged white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
In a bowl, whisk together everything except
the olive oil. Gradually add the olive oil and continue to whisk until all ingredients have emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Transfer dressing to a jar. Use right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Fuji Apple Chicken Salad with Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing
Crunchy apples and celery stand up beautifully to this thick, creamy Greek yogurt dressing.
Build your salad with the following ingredients in your preferred proportions:
- Bibb lettuce
- Fuji apple, sliced
- Precooked grilled chicken from our deli, sliced
- Love Beets, sliced*
- Almonds, chopped
- Greek yogurt dressing, drizzled (see recipe)
- Chives, chopped
*Love Beets are gluten-free, all natural and kosher-certified cooked beets that have no added colors or preservatives. Find them in our produce department.
Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Whisk ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drizzle over salad and garnish with chives.
Photography by Katheryn Moran Photography.