Chile Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 (19 oz) can Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp Spice Islands cumin
- 2 cups Haggen rotisserie chicken breast meat, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup oil
- 8 6″ corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- Cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F
In medium saucepan combine green enchilada sauce, soup, cilantro and cumin. Heat on medium-low until mixture comes to a boil. In a separate bowl, combine chicken and 3/4 cup shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of sauce mixture. In a medium pan, heat 1 Tbsp of oil. Lightly fry one tortilla at a time for about 10 seconds each. Remove and drain oil on a paper towel.
Add more oil to pan as necessary.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 11″x7″ baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, oil, and chicken mixture.
Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with remaining Monterey jack cheese, Cacique® Queso Fresco and chili powder. Bake at 375°F for 25–30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Serve with Pacific Naturals Foods Organic Refried Pinto Beans.