Pineapple – powerful & delicious
5 different uses
Fresh pineapple has been called one of the healthiest fruits for you. This is because it is currently the only known source of an enzyme called bromelain. Bromelain has been found to help digest food by breaking down protein. It has also been used in studies to determine it’s effectiveness in alleviating joint pain, arthritis, reduce inflammation, and inhibit tumor growth all while containing anti-cancer properties. Here are 5 ways to put the powerful fruit to use this summer:
- Grilled Pineapple – Grilling some thick juicy slices of pineapple makes for a great side dish, nice topping on a hamburger or as a zesty dessert.
- Salsa – Add chunks of pineapple to your favorite salsa to give it a sweet twist that is perfect for summer. Serve it with chips, or get creative and add it to a piece of fish.
- Infused – For those 21+ shoppers, a perfect summer cocktail always includes a tropical fruit. Enjoy this by cutting up some fresh pineapple and soaking it in your choice of vodka. The longer it soaks, the better. Serve on ice with a splash of cranberry.
- Frozen – On a hot summer day we are always looking for a way to cool off. Put chunks of pineapple on a toothpick and freeze for a refreshing snack by the pool, at the beach, or even around the house!
- Face Mask – Take a chunk of pineapple and gently rub it on your face, being cautious of your eyes. Let it sit for about 10 minutes or until it dries. Rinse your face with warm water until the pineapple is completely removed. This is great for your skin because of the enzyme bromelain. These enzymes break down protein, exfoliating the dead skin from your face without the use of abrasive ingredients.
We hope you find these creative ways fun and enjoyable for you and the family. Please note that all of these are dependent on fresh pineapple, canned pineapple will not work.