NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF OREGON AND WASHINGTON, AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER
“Win 100,000 Air Miles Towards Travel”
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The Passport to Flavors Giveaway – Mexico (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Haggen Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 30, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on May 13, 2014 (the “Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Washington Stores: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Oregon and Washington who are 18 years of age or older, and who have a Haggen C.A.R.D. or TOP Connection Card. If you do not have a Haggen C.A.R.D. or TOP Connection Card, you may apply for a free card at the Customer Service Desk of any participating Haggen Food & Pharmacy or a TOP Food & Drug store. Employees of Sponsor who are directly involved in the management of the Sweepstakes, any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies or other individuals engaged in the management of the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible. Employees of Sponsor who are NOT directly involved in the management of the Sweepstakes (and their immediate families, and persons living in the same household of such individuals) ARE eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. For the purposes of entering this Sweepstakes, an eligible employee’s “Crew CARD” is also considered a Haggen C.A.R.D. or TOP Connection Card (each, a “Loyalty Card”). Sponsor’s determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Oregon Stores: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Oregon and Washington who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor who are directly involved in the management of the Sweepstakes, any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies or other individuals engaged in the management of the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible. Employees of Sponsor who are NOT directly involved in the management of the Sweepstakes (and their immediate families, and persons living in the same household of such individuals) ARE eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
4. TO ENTER:
Washington Stores: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
a. Automatic entry with purchase: To prepare for automatic entry into the Sweepstakes, first visit http://guest.haggen.com/account/logon?promotion=passport and follow the site instructions to update the information associated with your Loyalty Card, and register your Loyalty Card for participation in the Sweepstakes. Once you have completed this process, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes each time you purchase Passport to Flavor participating products at a participating Haggen Food & Pharmacy or TOP Food & Drug location during the entry period, provided that you also show your applicable Loyalty Card during the qualifying transaction. Automatic entries not satisfying these conditions will be void.
b. To enter by mail without purchase: First, visit a participating Haggen Food & Pharmacy or TOP Food & Drug location during the Entry Period and request an official no-purchase mail-in entry form (“Entry Form”) at the customer service counter (limit one request per person, per day). Then, hand print the requested information on the Entry Form and mail to: Haggen, Passport to Flavors Entry, P.O. Box 9704, Bellingham, WA 98227-9704. Each Entry Form must be mailed in a separate, hand-addressed, stamped envelope, to be postmarked by May 13, 2014 and received by May 20, 2014.
No purchase necessary, no card required. First, visit a participating Haggen Food & Pharmacy or during the Entry Period and request an official no-purchase mail-in entry form (“Entry Form”) at the customer service counter (limit one request per person, per day). Then, hand print the requested information on the Entry Form and deposit in-store or mail to: Haggen, Passport to Flavors Entry, P.O. Box 9704, Bellingham, WA 98227-9704. Each Entry Form must be mailed in a separate, hand-addressed, stamped envelope, to be postmarked by May 13, 2014 and received by May 20, 2014.
Oregon and Washington:
Only original Entry Forms will be accepted; no mechanical reproduction of Entry Forms or facsimiles will be permitted. Important: to be included in a particular weekly drawing, the “date of store visit” written on your Entry Form must be within the entry dates associated with a corresponding weekly entry period, and your Entry Form must be received by the corresponding mail-in entry deadline for the applicable week (see Section 5 below for specific weekly dates and deadlines).
Participating stores located in Oregon may offer entry to consumers only by mail or in-store without purchase; consumers should ask for an Entry Form at the customer service counter of such stores. Any attempt by a person to use multiple Loyalty Cards or identities to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating, entrants warrant and represent that all personal information provided in their entries are truthful, current and accurate, and are entrants’ own information. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of Sponsor upon submission. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail, phone number, or postal address during the Sweepstakes. For purposes of Sweepstakes entry, entrants are not permitted to share Loyalty Cards. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with the Loyalty Card disclosed at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsor’s satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the Loyalty Card associated with a winning entry. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
5. FIRST PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS/PRIZE DESCRIPTION: On or about May 20, 2014, an independent judging organization will select two (2) potential first prize winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries timely received. Odds of winning the first prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Two (2) First Prizes will be made available: 100,000 Alaska Airlines miles, ARV: $2,300 (the “miles”). Winner is responsible for (a) all taxes, including, but not limited to, sales taxes, state and federal income taxes (including any incremental exposure due to change in tax brackets), (b) taking delivery of prize within 30 days of written notice of its availability (failure to provide required documentation and take timely delivery will cause miles to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner). By accepting the miles, winner further agrees to participate in a prize presentation ceremony, if such a ceremony is held by Sponsor in its sole discretion. See Section 8 below for winner notification details and additional prize restrictions.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION/ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each potential winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail, to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the applicable prize. If such a potential winner is not available or if there is no answer at the time any notification telephone call is made, a phone message will be left (if possible). Any such phone message or e-mail will instruct the potential winner to call a specified telephone number or reply by e-mail within three (3) full business days after the time that the notification message was left. Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such three (3) full business day period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winners may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. Each potential winner may subsequently be required to complete an affidavit/declaration of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in potential winner’s notification letter or e-mail. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Winners will also be required to return an IRS W-9 form within the time period specified by Sponsor, and such winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 issued in his/her name for the actual value of prizes received. Sponsor makes no representations regarding the tax liability associated with any prize, and winners are advised to seek counsel regarding any tax liabilities associated with their prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, any voice-mail or message left is not timely returned, any forms sent to potential winners are not timely returned as instructed, or any prize is not picked up within 30 days of notice of availability. In the event of disqualification of a winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. If any prize remains unclaimed after three (3) potential winners have been notified for that prize, the prize may remain unawarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing postal address, e-mail address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, e-mail or phone number of entrant after entry submission. Any prize details and restrictions not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes may differ from any vehicle shown in promotional materials. No prize transfer. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. All taxes (including without limitation federal, state and local taxes) in connection with a prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. Unless otherwise indicated herein, all prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor, Alaska Airlines Inc., any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies or other individuals engaged in the development, production, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, together with the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (aforementioned organizations and individuals collectively, the “Releasees”) are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or postage-due entries or mail; [b] incorrect Loyalty Card data, along with any and all electronic, network, computer, cellular, or other technical malfunctions or any human error that may occur upon collection, processing and transmission of data; [c] any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: [a] abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes; [b] the use of their names, photographs, testimonials or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) by Sponsor and its designee(s) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the universe in perpetuity, including but not limited to the posting of their names online, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, to the winner to the extent permitted by law; and [c] to release, discharge and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select the applicable winner(s) from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner(s), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by binding arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, special, indirect, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington with jurisdiction and venue in Washington, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the appropriate court located in the State of Washington.
10. Rules Request: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Passport to Flavors, Haggen Inc., P.O.Box 9704, Bellingham WA 98227-9704. Requests must be received by June 30, 2014.
11. List of Winners: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 30, 2014 to: Passport to Flavors, Haggen Inc., P.O.Box 9704, Bellingham WA 98227-9704.
Sponsor: Haggen Inc., P.O. Box 9704, Bellingham, WA 98227-9704
Alaska Airlines and the Alaska Airlines logo are trademarks of Alaska Airlines, Inc., which neither sponsors nor endorses this Sweepstakes. Any other third party trademarks appearing in these Official Rules are the property of their respective owners, are used for descriptive purposes only, and do not imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this Sweepstakes.