Share the Warmth Coat Drive
Jan. 2nd, 2019 - Jan. 15th, 2019
Share the warmth this year by digging out your gently used or new coats, gloves, hats and scarves, and donating them at any of the stores during our Share the Warmth Coat Drive January 2-15. All clothing will be donated to local families in need right in your community. Here are the great organizations your donations will benefit:
• Whatcom County Stores – Opportunity Council serves homeless and low-income families and individuals and helps people learn to become self-sufficient.
• Skagit County Stores – Community Action of Skagit County is a community-based private non-profit organization with over 30 interrelated programs that stabilize lives and equip people to exit poverty. We also work in collaboration with the community to strengthen pathways to prosperity. They believe in the strength and potential of people, in the power of neighbor helping neighbor, and that together we can create a more prosperous and just Skagit County for all.
• Auburn Lake Tapps Store – Communities in Schools of Auburn making a difference, as the nation’s leading dropout prevention organization, working in public schools to surround students with a community support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
• Woodinville Store – Kent Youth and Family Service provide professional counseling, education and support services to children, youth and their families.
• Olympia Store – Community Youth Services empowers youth at-risk and their families to meet their goals for safety, stability, belonging and success by providing a continuum of individualized services and advocacy.
• Stanwood Store – The Caring Place offers a weekly clothing bank to ease the hardship on individuals and families.
• Lake Stevens, Marysville & Snohomish Stores – Saint Joseph’s House is a community supported clothing bank serving families and individuals who are in desperate need of clothing and household items that are at or below the Federal Poverty Level.
• Oak Harbor Store – Ryan’s House for Youth provides a safe place for homeless and at-risk youth to access food, clothing, access to medical, homework assistance, and housing assistance through their Drop-in Center, Outreach/Support Van, and Host Family Program.